Posts Tagged vitamin c benefits
Your body requires a lot of vitamins on a daily basis in order to stay healthy. Vitamin C is one of these and the vitamin C benefits are very extensive. Maintaining a proper diet is by far the best way to get the nutrition you require. Foods that are high in vitamin C include: citrus fruits, green peppers, other green vegetables, strawberries, milk, tomatoes, potatoes, broccoli, fish and many others. Make sure that you check the labels on the foods which you eat. Often, vitamin C will be labeled as ascorbic acid. If you are concerned that you are not getting enough vitamin C from your diet, then it would be wise to consult with your family doctor concerning this. Your doctor may advise you to take a daily supplement to ensure that your body receives enough of a daily supply.
There are 13 vitamins that our bodies absolutely require and vitamin C is one of these. Some of these 13 vitamins have the ability to be stored by the body because they are fat soluble. Now vitamin C is water soluble so it cannot be stored within. For this reason, you must consume it somehow, each and every day. So how much do you need to take on a daily basis? Well this will depend on many things such as how old you are, your weight, gender, lifestyle, exercise level and whether or not you are pregnant.
So what exactly are the vitamin C benefits and what does it actually do for us? First and foremost, vitamin C is known as an antioxidant. This means that it helps to prevent adverse forces within our body that would otherwise lead to cell, tissue and organ damage. Because it protects the structures within your body, it will thereby slow down the aging process. People who are severely deficient in vitamin C can end up with a condition called scurvy. Now scurvy is very uncommon in this day and age but it still does occasionally occur. Some of the signs and symptoms of scurvy are gum problems, frequent bleeding, general weakness and anemia. Read the rest of this entry »
Benefits Of Vitamin C:
* Benefits of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) include the benefits for immune system. Vitamin C is a great protection against immune system problems. Vitamin C is even used for cold prevention or used in combination with Zinc and echinacea to shorten duration of colds. Vitamin C could prevent serious complications of the common cold like pneumonia or lung infections.
* Ascorbic acid benefits include benefits for your bones. Vitamin C is used in many nutritional supplements for bone health (the combination usually also includes Magnesium and Calcium).
* Ascorbic acid benefits include the ability of vitamin C to help with healing bed sores. Studies show that vitamin C and Zinc improve skin healing for bed sores and other skin breaks.
* Vitamin C benefits include great skin healing properties. Ascorbic acid makes skin younger looking, brighter and healthier. Great vitamin C benefits include prevention of skin wrinkling. Vitamin C can also be useful for spider veins and broken capillaries.
* Benefits of vitamin C include positive effects for adrenal function Some recent studies showed vitamin C was very beneficial to people whose immune system was weakened due to stress. And who is not under stress? Vitamin C is one of the vitamins that are sensitive to stress, and vitamin C is one of the first vitamins to be depleted in smokers, overweight people and alcoholics. When we are in distress (that includes any types of stress: environmental, dietary, work related, etc) and our system needs an increased amount of vitamin C.
* Vitamin C benefits include the benefits for your heart. Vitamin C is a great antioxidant. Most antioxidants are great for cardiovascular health.
* Vitamin C Antioxidant. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and therefore can protect against damage caused by harmful molecules called free radicals. Vitamin C can also protect against toxic chemicals and environmental pollutants like cigarette smoke. Free radicals are those bad guys that can build up and develop into cancer, heart disease, and arthritis.
* Vitamin C benefits include preventing prenatal health problems. It is recommended in every prenatal vitamin.
* Since vitamin C is a great antioxidant, one of the vitamin C benefits is that it’s considered to be effective in prevention of the eye disease like macular degeneration.
* The newer benefits of vitamin C are considering a benefit of stroke prevention.
* Another relatively new benefit of vitamin C includes life extension.
* Vitamin C is associated with reduction of inflammation.
Vitamin C Benefits
Everything you need to know about vitamin C benefits and importance of vitamin C.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Inna_Lukyanovsky